In 2017 Skrivanek was awarded the contract to translate notices for daily publication on TED, the online Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union. TED (Tenders Electronic Daily) publishes 676 thousand procurement notices a year, including 258 thousand calls for tenders worth approximately 670 billion euros. It provides free access to business opportunities from the EU, European Economic Area and beyond. Meeting the EU’s expectations has led to our winning consecutive tenders for this project for five consecutive years so far.
This international trade related project involves the preparation and checking of source files written in one of the official languages of the EU (most commonly English, French, Spanish, Italian, and German), to prepare them for publication in the remaining official EU languages, of which there are 24 altogether. On average we process 150,000 source words per month.
- Selection and oversight of a large team of translators, proofreaders, and in-house checkers
- Training and testing of these professionals in the translation management system, Memsource
- Preparation of project and style guides for all target languages
- Top quality translators of all 24 EU languages had to be secured for extended periods, with a variety of language combination capabilities.
- Translation, proofreading, and in-house checking was done in alignment with inter-institutional rules and conventions observed by the various EU institutions, as well as conventions specific to the Official Journal Supplement (OJS).
- Timely completion and publication of our OJS translations is especially important, whether they have already been published in another language or they are the first translations.
- Continuous, effective communication with the client was absolutely essential to accuracy across all languages, given the numerous languages and sets of terminology involved; in this way we could ensure that there was no lapse in the accuracy and consistency of our CAT tool translation memories.
Since 1994, we have been providing language courses, translations and interpreting to customers across the globe.
The Skrivanek headquarters in the Czech Republic is supported by a network of branches in the US, Germany, Great Britain and other global business centres.
We pride ourselves on offering ISO-certified quality that ensures consistently high standards with each service we provide.
Do you need a translation?
We will prepare a custom tailored price quote for you.